KS-CEMETERIES-L Archives

Archiver > KS-CEMETERIES > 2002-10 > 1033997234

From: joeandsteph <>
Subject: [KS-CEM] Seeking the descendants of Jacob and Joseph Alsip/MD/KS/1700's through late 1800's
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 09:27:14 -0400

Hi.. I am a descendant of the following families:

I am seeking the descendants of the following:

Jacob E. Alsip(28 Nov 1815 in Maryland and died 09 Jun 1884 in
Louisville, Pottawatomie, KS) He married Susanna Norris(10 Sep 1820 in
MD and died 25 Apr 1904 in Salina, Saline, KS..she is buried Gymsum
Cemetery. They had 10 children: Stephen J. Alsip born 1842and died Feb
1927 in Silversale, Cowley. KS and married Anna Maria
Poffenberger....they had 8 children: Susan, John Jacob, George W.,
Laura, Tessie, Daniel, Lillie, and Ray Thomas.
Amanda Katherine Alsip who was born 1844 and married Joseph L.
Stone...had one child: Jacob L. Stone Jr?
Emily Emma ALsip who was born 1846, died and married William Ashton
Kountz...not sure if they had any children.
Mary Alice Alsip who was born 1848, died Dec 28, 1912 in Salina, Saline,
KS and married Milton Benedict....not sure of any children.
Horatio Alsip who was born 18 Sep 1854 Washington Co. MD, died 1899 in
Jennings, Pawnee, OK and married Maggie Belle Wittner. They had 5
children: Arthur Louis, George R., Ada, Bessie, Roy.
Elizabeth Alsip who was born 1854 and from what I have didn't marry.....

Jacob E. Alsip Jr was born 20 Feb 1855, died 16 Jan 1913 in Pottawatomie
County, Kansas and married Florence Sherman and they had 3 children:
Edith M., Effie and Kenneth.
Susan Elizabeth Alsip who was born in 1858 and died in 1859
Ann L. Alsip born in 1861 and died in 1865
Harriet was born in 1863 and died in 1865

Most of the children listed above have children of their own....but if
anyone has any information or are the descendants of the above, would
appreciate some help.

Also seeking the descendants of the following:

Joseph Alsip (1793 in Frederick Co, MD and married Mary McKim born: 1795
in Frederick Co., MD.
They had 5 Children:

John Alsip (1814 and married Julianna White(born: 1830) and they had 7
children: William, John, James, Elsworth, Clara B., Elvie, and Mary B.
Joseph Alsip (Allsup?) Jr born Dec 22, 1815 and died 1857. He married
Elizabeth Yowler(1826) and they had 6 children: John, Silas, Mary C.,
Alice, Frank(lin) and Amelia.
Mary Alsip(1829) married Phillip Koons and they had two children: Lydia
and Grinon P.
Hezekiah B. Alsip( 1829) and married 1. Hannah and they had 4 children:
John, Susan, Norman and Sarah Elizabeth. He also married Elizabeth and
they had 1 child: William H. Alsip.

So i am seeking the families above....if anyone can help me, I would
appreciate any help anyone can give me...Also Thank you anyone in
advance for helping me find my ancestors....

Stephanie Grohol

This thread: