KS-CEMETERIES-L Archives

Archiver > KS-CEMETERIES > 2002-10 > 1034036741

From: Debra Kidd <>
Subject: [KS-CEM] Fort Riley Memorial Cemetery
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 19:25:59 -0500

Carol Pronske Ruwe

Courser Funeral Home is no longer in operation. I called one of the
"other" funeral homes in town and they nicely told me that they thought
that the Irvin-Parkview Funeral Home has the Courser records. You could
verify that with Irvin's phone number (785/537-2110) or their address (1317
Poyntz Ave., Manhattan, KS 66502). Dennis and Arlene Irvin have that
funeral home now.

Fort Riley is about 8 miles from Manhattan and adjacent to Junction City,
KS. I would think Fort Riley itself would have burial records. You might
try the Fort Riley Information number during the week (785/239-3911). I
tried and the person on duty for the weekend didn't have that information
available. There is a Geary County Historical Society (Junction City) with
genealogy information - I do not know if they have a web site. The Riley
County Genealogy Society (Manhattan) has a web site www.rileycgs.com As a
member, I do not know what they have on Ft. Riley because I have no family
interest there.

I know what it is like to do out of state research. Good luck!

Debra Kidd

Searching for: CALVERT, CARR, CARUTHERS, CUPP, FEATHER,
FEIK/FEIG/FIKE/FEEK/FEIGHT, FITZWATER, FULP(S), GIBB, HALTERMAN, HOOP,
HUMPHREYS/HUMPHRIES, ISBELL, MALONEY/MALONE/MALONEE, MILLER, PHELPS, RUBLE,
SMITH, TAYLOR, WHIPKEY.

This thread: