KSOSAGE-L Archives

Archiver > KSOSAGE > 2003-02 > 1044633883

From: P Hamilton <>
Subject: [KSOsage] Carbondale Kansas Cemetery
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 08:04:47 -0800 (PST)

While doing a little more research in Osage County 2 days ago...I visited the Carbondale Cemetery. It has been since last summer when I was there last.

I was shocked and saddened to see so many of the old stones had been broken off and laying on the ground. 1-4 stones I could understand..however the amount I counted was more like 8-12...which is completely unacceptable..and I cannot think that the wind or weather could have done that much damage over a 6 month period of time.

Either there is vandalism going on or the caretaker is doing a very bad job. This needs to end.

I plan to contact the City of Carbondale about my findings..and I would urge anyone else that has family buried there to contact them as well..before others end up this way.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me.

Pam Hamilton -

Surnames - Moore, Thomas, Smith, Burr, Chase, Newell

This thread: