KUEKER-L Archives

Archiver > KUEKER > 2000-12 > 0977108734

From: Jack Becque <>
Subject: [KUEKER] KEKER, KEEKER, KUEKER, KIEKER, BROCKMANN, GRISCHOW, DEMLOW
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 22:05:34 -0500

I am looking for information about the KUEKER family. The information will
be archived by the Elk Grove Historical Society which is located in Elk
Grove Village, Illinois. The society has formed a committee whose
volunteers are researching the history of the Elk Grove Township settlers.
I am one of the volunteers and am researching the history of the KEKER,
KEEKER, KIEKER, KUEKER families. I am also researching the possibility
that they are the same family with different surname spellings.

The following is some of the information that I have.

In 1861 and 1870, H. KEKER owned property in Elk Grove Township.
In 1870, F. KEKER owned property in Elk Grove Township.
In 1898, F. KEEKER and H. KEEKER each owned property in Elk Grove
Township.
In 1918, George KUEKER, the husband of Anna BROCKMANN, was the tenant on
property in Elk Grove Township. The property was owned by Fred KIEKER.
George and Anna were the parents of Albert.
In 1918, Henry KUEKER, the husband of Hulda GRISCHOW, was the tenant on
property in Leyden Township which is located directly southeast of Elk
Grove Township. The property was owned by William KUEKER. Henry and
Hulda were the parents of Walter.
In 1918, William KUEKER, the husband of Mary DEMLOW, owned property in
Leyden Township. William and Mary were the parents of William, Edwin,
Edna, Henry, and Arthur.
In 1941, George KUEKER owned property in Elk Grove Township.

I transcribed the following information from tombstones at St. John's
Cemetery which is located at O'Hare Airport.
Henry F. KUEKER
1888-1977
Hulda A. KUEKER
1890-1959
Vernon P. KUEKER
1920-1923
William KUEKER
1856-1932
Maria KUEKER
1863-1934
Edwin H. KUEKER
1899-1953

The descendant tree after this message contains additional information.

I am willing to share information as my research continues. Your help is
appreciated.

Jack Becque
Elk Grove Village, Illinois U.S.A.

1 nn KÜKER
.2 Wilhelm "William" H. KÜKER "KUEKER" Born: 5 December 1856
Died: 1932 Interment, Saint John Cemetery, Leyden Township,
Cook County, Illinois
+Maria "Mary" DEMLOW Born: 22 April 1863 in GERMANY Zarnekow, Pommern
Married: 8 December 1883
Died: 1934 Interment, Saint John Cemetery, Leyden Township,
Cook County, Illinois
..3 Wilhelm Heinr. Herm. "William" KÜKER "KUEKER"
Born: 27 September 1892 in Leyden ILLINOIS
Died: 10 April 1959 in Wood Dale, DuPage County ILLINOIS
..3 Edwin H. KUEKER Born: 30 October 1899
Died: 1953 Interment, Saint John Cemetery, Leyden Township,
Cook County, Illinois
..3 Edna KUEKER
..3 Heinrich "Henry" F. KÜKER "KUEKER"
Born: 22 October 1888 in Leyden ILLINOIS
Died: 1977 Interment, Saint John Cemetery, Leyden Township,
Cook County, Illinois
+Hulda A. GRISCHOW Born: 14 March 1890 in Leyden ILLINOIS
Married: 20 January 1917
Died: 1959 Interment, Saint John Cemetery, Leyden Township,
Cook County, Illinois
..3 Arthur KÜKER "KUEKER"
Born: 25 January 1885 in Leyden ILLINOIS
..3 Amanda Fried. L. Sophie KÜKER
Born: 15 November 1890 in Bensenville, DuPage County ILLINOIS
Died: 15 August 1891 in Leyden, Cook County ILLINOIS
.2 Heinrich KÜKER
Born: Unknown in GERMANY Suderbruch, Amt Neustadt a. N., Hannover

This thread: