KWIATKOWSKI-L Archives

Archiver > KWIATKOWSKI > 2003-02 > 1044802852

Subject: Re: Kwiatkowski
Date: 9 Feb 2003 08:00:52 -0700

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/CWo.2ACEB/68.84.2.1

Message Board Post:

Eileen,

I'm wondering if you know where/when your Kwiatkowskis came from in Poland and if you could possibly make a connection to mine. I am not real familiar with the different areas of Poland yet, but I am very interested in any possible connections to the Kwiatkowski name from Poland.

I have a Lawrence Kwiatkowski married to Frances Kalinowski from the area of Przybyslaw/Turzany/Parchanie/Inowroclaw.

Lawrence and Frances had a daughter Josephine born in Przybyslaw I am guessing @ 1870, so Lawrence would be born @ 1850....all guess work on the dates. However, Josephine did marry 2nd husband Joseph Szczupak in Rochester NY 20 January 1908. He emigrated to US in MAy 1907 w/first wife and children, so Joseph and Josephine could have known each other/been from same area. Josephine died 12 March 1946 in Rochester.

Other names from the same area are Kaliska, Niewiadowski, Burmistrzak, Paprocki, Borowicz, Adamski, Zwierzykowska, Karminska, Kruszynski and Ulanowski.

Turzany is a small community @ 4 km west of Parchanie, and Parchanie is @ 8 km east of Inowroclaw. All in the Posen/Poznan area. Most of the families were married in or buried from St. Nicholas Church in Inowroclaw. At some point in history, these villages/towns may have been under Polish/German/Russian rule, but the families have always considered themselves Polish.

Let me know if you think there may be a connection.

Regards,
Maureen

This thread: