KYHARDIN-L Archives

Archiver > KYHARDIN > 2003-10 > 1066913871

From: Carol E Barron <>
Subject: Re: [KYHARDIN] HARRIS Marriages
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 07:57:51 -0500

Mary:

I have a Harris/Allison marriage to which this Harris line goes back into
Louisa/Orange Co., Va as follows:

Hillary Smith Harris b 20 Jul 1820 m Josephine Beauharnois Allison b 18
Jul 1835. Ch:

Ida Bell Harris b 14 Oct 1857
William Emmett Harris b 18 Feb 1859
Edward Everett Harris b 17 Oct 1860
Leo Bibb Harris b 10 Mar 1865
Mary Edith Harris b 30 Jul 1866
Homer Allison Harris b 20 Jul 1870
Hattie Carroll Harris b 4 Aug 1875

Hillary Smith Harris, son of Lewis Harris & Martha A. Smith m 1816 Orange
Co., Va. Lewis & Martha Harris lived in Louisa Co., Va up thru the 1850
Louisa Co., Va census where they appear. After 1850, they migrated to
Pike Co., MO where Lewis died 1854--his will was left in Louisa Co. Va.
Lewis Harris was previously married wife unknown with sons, William,
John, Robert.

Lewis Harris b 1774 is son of Thomas d 1782 & Sabra Harris d 1815 of
Orange Co., Va, formerly (1763-1766) of Louisa Co. Va. A brother of
Lewis Harris is Lindsay Harris d 1803 Orange Co. Va who also had a son,
William Harris (nothing known on this William)

Two sisters of Lewis Harris migrated into early Hardin Co., Ky--namely:

1) Mary (Polly) Harris m Lewis Walker 1797 Orange Co., Va.
2) Elizabeth (Betty) Harris m James Payne first migrated to Hardin by
1810 later Meade Co., Ky where they both died/buried.

I suspect that since the above two sisters migrated into Hardin Co. that
perhaps some of this Harris line might have followed. Lindsay Harris (my
line), brother to the above two sisters had 10 children--namely,

Jane Harris m Pleasant Hunter
Elizabeth or Elijah Harris
David H. Harris b 1786 migrated 1818 Woodford Co., Ky m Margaret Peters
Susannah Harris
Lucy Harris m John S. McGehee 1811
William Harris
Hezekiah Harris
Matilda Harris m Daniel Gardner 1811
Brockman Harris m Hannah Stokes 1821 Pendleton Co., Ky
Francis Harris

Carol Barron
descendant of Thomas Harris d 1782 Orange Co., Va, Lindsay Harris d 1803
Orange Co., Va, David H. Harris d 1847 Woodford Co., Ky, David D.
Harris d 1916 Pulaski Co., IL, David D. Harris, Jr. d 1949 Pulaski Co.,
IL