KYJACKSO-L Archives

Archiver > KYJACKSO > 2009-07 > 1248753310

From: ,
Subject: Re: [KYJACKSO] Mathew Cole
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 03:55:10 -0000

Author: jcsmack
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.kentucky.counties.jackson/134.340.378.508/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

I think this will resolve the mystery of Matthew Cole.

These Coles begin in Virginia, travel to NJ and back to VA, stopping in MD for Matthew to be born. My best guess is that they were trying to protect the children from the coming Revolution. NJ records suggest they were Patriots.

I have photo copies of wills granting inheritances to Mercy Kent (family originally from MA) and Nellie (Eleanor) Freeman.

Apparently Elizabeth Cole ended up in Ohio & Nellie lived with her at some point and she also lived in Lee Co VA where the saga of Matthew Cole begins for VA-KY. I wonder if the Cole - James connection we all seem to have heard about but not found could lie with Elizabeth Cole????

Judith Cole Schrim(pf) Mack

Mercy Kent
Born: 1728

Died: abt 1816
Frederick, [county], Virginia, USA
View person's info

Alternates John Cole
William Cole (B: 1744)
Joseph Cole (B: 1746)
Phebe Cole (B: 1750)
Ann Cole (B: 1754)
David Cole (B: 1756)
Daniel Cole (B: 1758)
Sarah Cole (B: 60)
Mercy Cole (B: 62)
Mary Cole (B: 64)
Lydia Cole (B: 66)

Page Tools
View person's info
Start a new tree with Mercy Kent
Find famous relativesBETA

Family Historical Records Family Facts Family Groups View alternate family members
Spouse
John Cole
Born: 16 May 1719 in Middlesex, [county], Virginia, USA
Died: abt 1808 in Lunenburg, [county], Virginia, USA
Marriage: 1741 View Info
Children Sex Birth
William Cole M 1744 in Morristown, [county], New Jersey, USA
Joseph Cole M 9 Jun 1746 in Morristown, Morris, New Jersey, USA
Phebe Cole F 1750
Ann Cole F 1754
David Cole M 10 Oct 1756
Daniel Cole M 29 Oct 1758 in Morristown, Morris, New Jersey, USA
Sarah Cole F abt 60 in Morristown, Morris, New Jersey, USA
Mercy Cole F abt 62
Mary Cole F abt 64
Lydia Cole F abt 66

Nellie Nelle Freeman
Born: 23 Apr 1749
Morristown, Morris, New Jersey, USA
Died: 1830
[city], [county], Ohio, USA
View person's info

Alternates William Cole
Elizabeth Cole (B: 1774)
Matthew Cole (B: 1775)
William Billy Cole (B: 1777)

Spouse
William Cole
Born: 1744 in Morristown, [county], New Jersey, USA
Died: 1815
Marriage: 3 Dec 1766 in Morristown, Morris, New Jersey, USA View Info
Children Sex Birth
Elizabeth Cole F 25 Feb 1774 in [city], Frederick, Virginia, USA
Matthew Cole M 1775
William Billy Cole M 1777

Important Note: