KYLEWIS-L Archives

Archiver > KYLEWIS > 2000-01 > 0947977111

From: HERMON B FAGLEY <>
Subject: Re: [KYLEWIS] Jeremiah Beck's migration Merrifield
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 17:58:31 -0500

A DESC told me on Prodigy in 1993 that Jeremiah Beck attended Greater
Bethel Baptist in Philadelphia.I have never seen said church mentioned
elsewhere;.
1772,Jeremiah Beck was in present Fayette Co,Pa [Spring Hill Twnsp,then
Bedford
Co,Pa. Soon after,he is listed as member of MT MORIAH and-Or Great Bethel
Baptist founded 1770 south of Uniontown,Pa. Above churches split in a
church
fight his future Bethel,Oh neighbor,Dr-Rev David Loofborough was active
in
Jeremiah Beck was in Mason Co Ky by the 1st,1787 petition for a new
county.
He would have felt comfertable with Baptist Rev Wm Wood,AT Washington,Ky,
or the NJ Baptists-Shotwell,Morris-DRAKE,AT Mays Lick. Ky. 1791,his old
s Fayette Co,Pa
neighbor,Alexander Buchanan built a fort a mile west of
,now,Germantown,Ky.
By 1797-98,the Buchanan fort people,and the Becks were here in Clermont
Co,Oh
Jeremiah was elder of Bethel's anti-slavery Baptist church of 1798,and JB
Jr m town founder,Obed Denham'S DAU.
Lois Beck was 1 of my mothers 3-4 best friends.
Abrahams-Abrams,Wynne,Ashcraft, Boultinghouse,Records, Frazee,Musgrove
,Denham,Burke, Mason,Ball,Osborne are some other names with possible
BECK-MERRIFIELD ties on the PA-WV line,or Ky. On Sat, 15 Jan 2000

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tag

This thread: