KYLINCOL-L Archives

Archiver > KYLINCOL > 2007-02 > 1172677488

From: Jay Frank <>
Subject: [KYLINCOL] ADAMS in Lincoln Co., KY in early 1800
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 09:44:48 -0600

I was doing research in Lincoln co., KY and I found the will of a Rodham
LUNCEFORD because I was looking for the relatives of Charles ADAMS who was
supposedly born in Wilkes Co., or Surry Co., NC. I thought that both the
ADAMS and LUNCEFORDs came from Wilkes Co., NC about 1814, plus or minus.

Was Wilkes part of Surry Co., NC at some point?

Charles ADAMS and Lucinda LUNCEFORD had four children in Lincoln Co., KY
before she died and the children were left a portion of Rodham's estate.
Charles was the son of a Charles ADAMS, Sr. who died on 18 Jan 1835 in
Goshen, Lincoln Co., KY

A portion of the LUNCEFORD estate was left to Pasty LUNCEFORD who had
married Daniel BALL. Another daughter Nancy LUNCEFORD was left a portion
and she had married Rueben PARKS. Hannah LUNCEFORD who had married William
PARKS was also left a portion. The will was to be executed by Rodham's son
Lewis LUNCEFORD. The will was dated 9 Mar 1841 in Lincoln Co., KY.

I am trying to find a connection of Mahala ADAMS to the Charles ADAMS, Sr.
listed above. She married Peter A. HALL on 24 Jan 1832 in Lincoln Co. KY.
They named their first born child, Charles HALL. Peter A. HALL, who
according to the land records had never purchased land in Lincoln Co., KY,
sold land shortly after the death of Charles ADAMS, Sr. The HALL family and
Charles ADAMS, Jr.'s second wife and family moved to Mercer Co., MO together
and purchased adjacent land there from the bureau of land management.

I have a copy, both hard and electronic, of the will of Rodham LUNCEFORD. I
also have a copy of the accounting of the estate, $8,556.27 including 325
acres of land at $15 per acre, recorded by the County Clerk after Rodham had
died.

I have connected everyone in this group, but the one person I wanted, Mahala
ADAMS. I think that a brother of Charles ADAMS, Sr. had married a Mahala.
My Mahala ADAMS was supposedly born in 1807 in KY which I do not think is
right and have seen no proof.

I am also trying to connect all of these people, my ulterior motive.

Jay FRANK
Dallas, TX

This thread: