KYOWSLEY-L Archives

Archiver > KYOWSLEY > 2007-01 > 1168441922

From: "Carter L Combs" <>
Subject: Re: [KYOWSLEY] Ruby Combs obit
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 10:12:02 -0500

Jeri

Here is a posting on the Riley family from the internet. I cannot state
that it is accurate.

Carter

1. Lydia RICE was born 11 MAY 1825 in Kentucky, and died 8 APR 1915.
She married John "Gransir" RILEY 10 JUN 1853 in Perry County, Kentucky, son
of James RILEY. He was born 1794 in Russell County, Virginia, and died 1870
in Lee County, Kentucky.

Children of Lydia RICE and John "Gransir" RILEY are: 2 i. Eliza
RILEY was born 1854 in Breathitt County, Kentucky.
+ 3 ii. Henry RILEY was born 1855 in Perry County, Kentucky.
+ 4 iii. George RILEY was born 1857 in Perry County, Kentucky,
and died 1932 in Owsley County, Kentucky.
+ 5 iv. Loudemia RILEY was born 15 FEB 1858 in Breathitt
County, Kentucky, and died 24 JAN 1924.
6 v. Harvey RILEY was born 1859 in Breathitt County,
Kentucky.
+ 7 vi. Nellie RILEY was born JAN 1862 in Breathitt County,
Kentucky.
8 vii. Ella RILEY was born JAN 1862 in Breathitt County,
Kentucky.
9 viii. Margaret RILEY was born 1864 in Breathitt County,
Kentucky.

Descendant Register, Generation No. 2

3. Henry RILEY (Lydia RICE1) was born 1855 in Perry County, Kentucky.
He married Rebecca "Ibby" BAKER. She was born JAN 1861 in Kentucky.

Children of Henry RILEY and Rebecca "Ibby" BAKER are: + 10 i. Mary
RILEY was born 31 DEC 1895 in Owsley County, Kentucky, and died 26 JAN 1973
in Greensburg, Decatur County, Indiana.
11 ii. William RILEY was born FEB 1890 in Owsley County,
Kentucky.
12 iii. Mike RILEY was born 1896 in Owsley County, Kentucky.
13 iv. James "Jim" RILEY was born 1897 in Owsley County,
Kentucky.

4. George RILEY (Lydia RICE1) was born 1857 in Perry County, Kentucky,
and died 1932 in Owsley County, Kentucky. He married Rhoda SMITH, daughter
of Huston SMITH and Susannah "Suze" ALLEN. She was born 3 AUG 1861 in
Buckhorn, Perry County, Kentucky.

Children of George RILEY and Rhoda SMITH are: + 14 i. Samuel "Sam"
RILEY was born 15 JAN 1890 in Kentucky, and died 23 AUG 1962 in Owsley
County, Kentucky.
15 ii. William "Bill" RILEY was born 1894 in Kentucky, and
died 1966 in Owsley County, Kentucky. He married Martha GABBARD, daughter of
John GABBARD and Malinda CALLAHAN. She was born 1901 in Owsley County,
Kentucky, and died 1989 in Owsley County, Kentucky.

5. Loudemia RILEY (Lydia RICE1) was born 15 FEB 1858 in Breathitt
County, Kentucky, and died 24 JAN 1924. She married Kenis "Keen" GILBERT
1882 in Kentucky, son of Jackson GILBERT and Lydia FOX. He was born 1853 in
Kentucky.

Children of Loudemia RILEY and Kenis "Keen" GILBERT are: + 16 i.
Elizabeth GILBERT was born 1886 in Kentucky.
+ 17 ii. Berry GILBERT was born 1886 in Kentucky.
18 iii. Richard GILBERT was born 1889 in Kentucky. He
married Catherine LNU 1908 in Kentucky. She was born 1885 in Kentucky.
+ 19 iv. Lydia GILBERT was born 21 JUN 1893 in Kentucky, and
died 1965 in Kentucky.
+ 20 v. Ezekiel GILBERT was born 1 MAR 1898 in Owsley County,
Kentucky, and died 31 JUL 1977 in Montgomery County, Ohio.
21 vi. Charles GILBERT was born 1899 in Kentucky.

7. Nellie RILEY (Lydia RICE1) was born JAN 1862 in Breathitt County,
Kentucky. She married Daniel MORRIS, son of Wesley MORRIS and Synthia
Cynthia DAVIDSON. He was born 24 JUL 1854 in Longs Creek, Breathitt County,
Kentucky, and died 12 MAY 1912 in Longs Creek, Breathitt County, Kentucky.

Children of Nellie RILEY and Daniel MORRIS are: + 22 i. Armilda RILEY
was born 1883 in Breathitt County, Kentucky.
23 ii. Jess RILEY was born 1884 in Breathitt County,
Kentucky.
24 iii. Alfred RILEY was born 1886 in Breathitt County,
Kentucky.
25 iv. George M. RILEY was born JAN 1887 in Crockettsville,
Breathitt County, Kentucky. He married Martha BAKER 1920 in Crockettsville,
Breathitt County, Kentucky, daughter of Leander "Lee" BAKER and Lucy J.
GABBARD. She was born 1902 in Owsley County, Kentucky.
26 v. Lula RILEY was born NOV 1892 in Breathitt County,
Kentucky. She married Robert SANDLIN, son of John SANDLIN and Ella HELTON.
He was born DEC 1893 in Kentucky, and died 1950.
27 vi. Richard RILEY was born 1895 in Breathitt County,
Kentucky.
28 vii. Ann RILEY was born 1899 in Breathitt County,
Kentucky.
29 viii. Anderson "Ance" RILEY was born 1900 in Breathitt
County, Kentucky.

Descendant Register, Generation No. 3

10. Mary RILEY (Henry RILEY2, Lydia RICE1) was born 31 DEC 1895 in
Owsley County, Kentucky, and died 26 JAN 1973 in Greensburg, Decatur County,
Indiana. She married William Tandy "Bud" GABBARD 1910, son of George
Washigton GABBARD and Mary Elizabeth SHOCK. He was born 7 APR 1876 in Owsley
County, Kentucky, and died 2 JAN 1958 in Owsley County, Kentucky.

Children of Mary RILEY and William Tandy "Bud" GABBARD are: 30 i.
Dudley GABBARD was born 26 APR 1911 in Owsley County, Kentucky, and died 15
JAN 1958 in Madison County, Ohio. He married Ethel "Ella" HALL, daughter of
James HALL and Addie NOBLE. She was born 1903 in Owsley County, Kentucky.
31 ii. Rebecca J. GABBARD was born 6 MAY 1913 in Owsley
County, Kentucky, and died 9 NOV 1972. She married Charles VIRES.
32 iii. Ellen GABBARD was born 1915 in Owsley County,
Kentucky.
33 iv. Michael "Mike" GABBARD was born 6 JUN 1917 in Owsley
County, Kentucky, and died 27 MAY 1969.
34 v. Grace "Gracie" GABBARD was born 3 JUL 1920 in Owsley
County, Kentucky, and died 19 FEB 1995.
35 vi. Carl GABBARD was born 30 MAR 1923 in Owsley County,
Kentucky, and died 10 AUG 1972.
36 vii. James GABBARD was born 2 APR 1926 in Owsley County,
Kentucky, and died 4 OCT 1991.
37 viii. Irvin Dale GABBARD was born 23 MAR 1928 in Owsley
County, Kentucky, and died 15 SEP 1996.
38 ix. Ethel M. GABBARD was born 11 MAY 1934 in Owsley
County, Kentucky, and died 16 MAY 1991.

14. Samuel "Sam" RILEY (George RILEY2, Lydia RICE1) was born 15 JAN
1890 in Kentucky, and died 23 AUG 1962 in Owsley County, Kentucky. He was
buried in York-Eversole Cemetery, Cow Creek, Owsley County, Kentucky. He
married Esther MCINTOSH, daughter of James MCINTOSH and Elizabeth HERALD.
She was born 3 MAR 1903 in Owsley County, Kentucky, and died 18 JUL 1976 in
Owsley County, Kentucky. She was buried in York-Eversole Cemetery, Cow
Creek, Owsley County, Kentucky.

Children of Samuel "Sam" RILEY and Esther MCINTOSH are: 39 i.
Jennie Belle RILEY was born 23 AUG 1920 in Owsley County, Kentucky. She
married John CHANDLER, son of Marion CHANDLER and Elizabeth A. "Liza"
HORNSBY. He was born 26 APR 1908 in Owsley County, Kentucky.
40 ii. Reed RILEY was born 30 DEC 1921 in Owsley County,
Kentucky, and died 9 NOV 1963 in Owsley County, Kentucky.
41 iii. Polly A. RILEY was born 1924 in Owsley County,
Kentucky.
42 iv. Louise RILEY was born 26 AUG 1925 in Owsley County,
Kentucky.
43 v. Della RILEY was born 3 OCT 1927 in Owsley County,
Kentucky.
44 vi. Ruby RILEY was born 3 OCT 1929 in Owsley County,
Kentucky.
45 vii. R. G. RILEY was born 30 NOV 1938 in Owsley County,
Kentucky, and died 30 NOV 1938.

16. Elizabeth GILBERT (Loudemia RILEY2, Lydia RICE1) was born 1886 in
Kentucky. She married William CORNETT 1903 in Kentucky. He was born 1880 in
Kentucky.

Children of Elizabeth GILBERT and William CORNETT are: + 46 i.
Charles CORNETT.
47 ii. Kenis CORNETT was born 1906 in Kentucky.
48 iii. Maxaline CORNETT was born 1909 in Kentucky.

17. Berry GILBERT (Loudemia RILEY2, Lydia RICE1) was born 1886 in
Kentucky. He married Susan LNU 1907 in Kentucky. She was born 1888 in
Kentucky.

Children of Berry GILBERT and Susan LNU are: 49 i. Henry C. GILBERT
was born 1908 in Kentucky.
50 ii. Melvin GILBERT was born 1909 in Kentucky.

19. Lydia GILBERT (Loudemia RILEY2, Lydia RICE1) was born 21 JUN 1893
in Kentucky, and died 1965 in Kentucky. She married Pearl STAMPER in
Kentucky, son of William STAMPER and Jennie Belle "Jane" SPICER. He was born
4 AUG 1888 in Breathitt County, Kentucky, and died 6 JUL 1970 in Walton,
Boone County, Kentucky.

Children of Lydia GILBERT and Pearl STAMPER are: 51 i. Cecelia
STAMPER was born 29 DEC 1913 in Morris Fork, Breathitt County, Kentucky, and
died 29 DEC 1913 in Morris Fork, Breathitt County, Kentucky.
52 ii. Willie STAMPER was born 9 MAR 1915 in Morris Fork,
Breathitt County, Kentucky. He married Lizzie DEATON 28 FEB 1937 in
Breathitt County, Kentucky, daughter of Jerry Logan DEATON and Mary
Elizabeth SEBASTIAN. She was born 29 MAY 1916 in Breathitt County, Kentucky,
and died 16 SEP 1992 in Breathitt County, Kentucky.
53 iii. Floyd STAMPER was born 22 MAR 1917 in Morris Fork,
Breathitt County, Kentucky.
54 iv. Wilson STAMPER was born 30 MAY 1919 in Morris Fork,
Breathitt County, Kentucky, and died 1971 in Breathitt County, Kentucky. He
married Flora COMBS. She was born 30 JAN 1877 in Breathitt County, Kentucky,
and died 10 JAN 1962 in Riverside County, California. He married Virgie
BISHOP in Breathitt County, Kentucky.
55 v. Mae STAMPER was born 15 DEC 1921 in Morris Fork,
Breathitt County, Kentucky, and died 19 FEB 1922 in Morris Fork, Breathitt
County, Kentucky.
56 vi. Loudemia STAMPER was born 14 MAY 1923 in
Crockettsville, Breathitt County, Kentucky. She married Roscoe SEBASTIAN 25
JUN 1942 in Breathitt County, Kentucky, son of Alex SEBASTIAN and Jalie
TURNER. He was born 1912.
+ 57 vii. Maxline STAMPER was born 10 NOV 1925 in Morris Fork,
Breathitt County, Kentucky.
58 viii. John Wesley "Wess" STAMPER was born 8 MAY 1928 in
Morris Fork, Breathitt County, Kentucky. He married Living COMBS.
59 ix. Amanda STAMPER was born 5 JUL 1933 in Morris Fork,
Breathitt County, Kentucky, and died 2 JUN 1993 in Dearborn County, Indiana.
She married Norman HIZER. She married FNU JAMES.

20. Ezekiel GILBERT (Loudemia RILEY2, Lydia RICE1) was born 1 MAR 1898
in Owsley County, Kentucky, and died 31 JUL 1977 in Montgomery County, Ohio.
He married Mary Jane YEARY.

Child of Ezekiel GILBERT and Mary Jane YEARY is: 60 i. Bertha
GILBERT. She married FNU WARNER.

22. Armilda RILEY (Nellie RILEY2, Lydia RICE1) was born 1883 in
Breathitt County, Kentucky. She married James SAWYER, son of Charlottie (?)
SAWYER. He was born 26 AUG 1871, and died 29 SEP 1928.

Children of Armilda RILEY and James SAWYER are: 61 i. Nettie SAWYER
was born 22 APR 1901, and died 17 NOV 1925.
62 ii. Harvey SAWYER was born 11 MAY 1903.
63 iii. Marhta SAWYER was born 27 FEB 1905, and died 10 APR
2001.
64 iv. Lula SAWYER was born 23 JUN 1907.

Descendant Register, Generation No. 4

46. Charles CORNETT (Elizabeth GILBERT3, Loudemia RILEY2, Lydia
RICE1). He married June BANKS.

Child of Charles CORNETT and June BANKS is: + 65 i. Living CORNETT.

57. Maxline STAMPER (Lydia GILBERT3, Loudemia RILEY2, Lydia RICE1) was
born 10 NOV 1925 in Morris Fork, Breathitt County, Kentucky. She married M.
C. PADGETT in Breathitt County, Kentucky. She married Jacie COMBS 24 MAR
1945 in Morris Fork, Breathitt County, Kentucky, son of Goley COMBS and
Adina COMBS. He was born 27 JUN 1928 in Breathitt County, Kentucky.

Children of Maxline STAMPER and Jacie COMBS are: 66 i. Flossie
COMBS was born 23 JUL 1950 in Breathitt County, Kentucky, and died 12 OCT
1950 in Breathitt County, Kentucky.
67 ii. Joyce Ann COMBS was born 5 AUG 1954 in Breathitt
County, Kentucky, and died 12 NOV 1954 in Breathitt County, Kentucky.

Descendant Register, Generation No. 5

65. Living CORNETT (Charles CORNETT4, Elizabeth GILBERT3, Loudemia
RILEY2, Lydia RICE1). She married Living STEEN.

Child of Living CORNETT and Living STEEN is: 68 i. Living STEEN.