KYTAYLOR-L Archives

Archiver > KYTAYLOR > 2007-09 > 1189973298

From: OkRnRamsey <>
Subject: Re: [KYTAYLOR] Harry A. Sanders Obituary - 1919
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 13:08:18 -0700 (PDT)

Here's some information that I have on Harry A.
Sanders and family.

Family Group Record
===================================
Husband: Deal P. SANDERS
Birth: 2 Sep 1867 Kentucky
Census: 1900 Taylor County, Kentucky
Census: 1910 Taylor County, Kentucky
Death: 18 Aug 1941
Burial: Salem Baptist Church Cemetery
Marriage: 13 Oct 1885 Taylor County, Kentucky
Father: Eastin SANDERS (b 13 Sep 1812)
Mother: Mary Sydney VAN CLEVE (b 29 Mar 1839)
===================================
Wife: Martha A. "Mina" COMSTOCK
Birth: 19 Apr 1868
Death: 6 Feb 1934
Burial: Salem Baptist Church Cemetery
===================================
Children
===================================
1 M Reverend Harry A. SANDERS
Birth: 28 Apr 1887 Illinois
Death: 29 Mar 1919 Chatham, Illinois
Burial: Salem Baptist Church Cemetery
Spouse: Sarah Etta WADE
-----------------------------------
2 M William W. SANDERS
Birth: Oct 1889 Kentucky
Census: 1920 Taylor County, Kentucky
Residence: 1975 Chicago, Cook, Illinois
Residence: 1976 Virden, Illinois
Spouse: Etta
-----------------------------------
3 F Mary Lena ? "Mae" SANDERS
Birth: 1892
Birth: Oct 1892 Kentucky
-----------------------------------
4 M Easten Monroe SANDERS
Birth: 25 Mar 1895 Taylor County, Kentucky
Death: 18 Mar 1975 Taylor County, Kentucky
Burial: Salem Baptist Church Cemetery
Misc: Obituary
Spouse: Ellen "Allar" Mae MARPLES (m 13 Jan
1915)
-----------------------------------
5 F Sarah Katherine "Sally/Sofie" SANDERS
Birth: 25 Mar 1895 Taylor County, Kentucky
Death: 30 Apr 1986 Greensburg, Green, Kentucky
Burial: Campbellsville Memorial Gardens
Spouse: Noah Daniel SWEENEY (m 13 Dec 1918)
Spouse: Robert L. GUPTON (m 6 Nov 1920)
-----------------------------------
6 M Albert Bryan SANDERS
Birth: 12 Aug 1897 Taylor County, Kentucky
Residence: 1975 San Francisco, California
Misc: 1976 Obituary
Death: 3 Mar 1976 Bakersfield, Kern, California
Burial: Salem Baptist Church Cemetery
-----------------------------------
7 F Leora SANDERS
Residence: 1975 Colonial Heights, Virginia
Spouse: BURRESS
-----------------------------------
8 M Henry SANDERS
-----------------------------------
9 F Florence M. SANDERS
Birth: 4 Feb 1905 Taylor County, Kentucky
Death: 19 Sep 1999 Florence, Kenton, Kentucky
Misc: Obituary
Burial: Campbellsville Memorial Gardens
Spouse: Chilton PIKE (m 24 Dec 1921)
===================================
FAMILY NOTES

HUSBAND NOTES: Deal P. SANDERS

Census: 1910 Census
Taylor County, Kentucky
ED No.: 0135

Sanders Dealy; H; Race: W; Age: 42; Ky.; Taylor;
Martha, W, Ky., 40;
Harry, S, Illinois, 22;
William, S, Ky., 20;
Ettie ,DL, Ky., 20;
Mary, D, Ky., 17;
Eustin, S, ,Ky. 15;
Sallie, D, Ky., 15;
Albert, S, Ky., 12;
Henry, S, Ky., 07;
Forence, D, Ky., 05;
Dealy, GS, Ky., NR

Burial:
http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/ky/taylor/cemeteries/salembap.txt

CEMETERIES: Salem Baptist Church, Taylor Co., Kentucky

This information was sent to me by Pat
Bouteiller-Barnett, her email address:
If you have any questions, you can
email her. If you have
any additions please let me know. 19 Mar 1999

SANDERS:
D.P. Sept. 2, 1867Aug. 18, 1941
Martha A. wife of DPApr. 19, 1868 (9)Feb. 6, 1934
Albert B. Aug. 12, 1897Mar. 3, 1976
Mont 1873(8)1922
Fiddela 18811936
Rev. H.A. Apr. 28(9), 1887Mar. 29, 1919
Sarah Etta his wife Mar. 16, 1890 Sept. 12, 1945
EastenMar 25, 1895Mar.15, 1975
Allar Mae Nov 15, 1893?Dec. 13, 1965
Marlin M. Nov 1?, 1896 Dec. 5, 1977
Emma B. Jan 31, 1920 Apr. 13, 1991
James Howard Jan 27, 1924June? 19?, 1924
Martie? Mae
Matry G. Apr. 9, 1901Sept 12, 1936
Mary.

I took pics of all of these, I think. Other surnames
here are:

Ware
Colvin
Kirtley
Thompson, Vergie M.
Garrett
Deweese
Goodman
Sweeny
Perry
Gilbert
Fuller, Clyde
Perry, Vergil F.
Peppers
Pike
Marple
Greer

General(1,2):

CHILD NOTES: Reverend Harry A. SANDERS
Death:
Obituary:
Author: ddicken77

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.kentucky.counties.taylo
r/9914/mb.ashx

The News-Journal, Thursday, April 3, 1919

Early Saturday morning, a telegram to his mother, Mrs.
D. P. Sanders of near Salem, told of the horrible
death of her son, Harry A. Sanders, at Chatham, Ill.
Mr. Sanders, with his family and father, had gone to
Illinois only a few months ago, and were employed with
a coal mining company at the mines. Mr. Sanders was
doing his regular duties early Saturday morning about
one o'clock, as he worked on the night shift, when an
explosion which is believed to be caused by dust,
killed him, his companion and badly wrecked the
interior of the mine. Mr. Sanders was a native of
Taylor County, a son of D. P. and Mrs. Sanders, and
was married to a Miss Wade. He united with the Salem
Baptist Church and during his lifetime had prepared
himself for the ministry and has held several
successful meetings in this and adjoining counties.
Besides his beloved wife, one daughter and two sons,
he is survived by his parents, several brothers and
sisters. His remains arrived here Tuesday at noon
and were taken to the home of his parents at Salem.
On yesterday afternoon at two o'clock his funeral was
held at the Salem Baptist Church and the interment
followed in the cemetery nearby. Not only does his
family mourn the loss but the community at large
deplores the untimely death of this young man. The
bereaved share the sincere sympathy of all in their
deep sorrow.
=====================

CHILD NOTES: William W. SANDERS

Census: 1920 Taylor Co. Ky. Census;