KansasCity-L Archives

Archiver > KansasCity > 2004-07 > 1089938943

From: "John O'Brien" <>
Subject: Michael T. HAVERTY d. 1 February 1896 - Kansas City, MO
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 20:12:31 -0500

BURNS, HANCOCK, HAVERTY, JARBOE

"The Kansas City Times" (Missouri) Sunday, February 2, 1896

Michael T. HAVERTY, well known in racing circles in the
South and West, died of cancer last night at the home of
his sister, Mrs. Frank HANCOCK, 2012 Holmes street,
after an illness of about five months. He was a partner of
Ed HUGHES of Denison, Tex., at the time of his death,
and with HUGHES owned many valuable race horses.
Mr. HAVERTY was 54 years of age. He was a brother of
Mrs. Samuel JARBOE, Mrs. Captain BURNS, Mrs. Kate
HAVERTY of Sedalia, Mo., James HAVERTY of New
Mexico, Robert HAVERTY of Indian Territory, and William
and John HAVERTY of Olathe, Kan. The funeral
arrangements have been postponed pending instructions
from relatives.

(I have no connection with this family but I'd appreciate
knowing if you found this posting helpful.)