LAMBERT-L Archives

Archiver > LAMBERT > 2007-12 > 1198174554

From: Katherine Trest <>
Subject: Re: [LAMBERT] family of Harold Stanley Lambert b1907SalfordLancashireUK
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 10:15:54 -0800 (PST)

Lou,

None of these fit the birthdate of John (1770) or Josiah (1824) and the spouses of my ancestors. My g-g-grandfather John was married to Nancy (we think, Carpenter, who may have been a Cherokee lady). We do not have a death date for Ms Nancy, and there is some question that John may have been married to someone else when his two youngest children, Tuckberry and Mary Jane, were born in 1842 and 1845. Josiah was married to Avis Willis in 1844 in Alcorn County, Mississippi. Josiah and Avis had sixteen children, some of whom died as babies or small children.

I do need to follow some of these guys backward because John and Josiah or Jo Siah or Josias seem to be very common names for Lamberts in that time.

Thanks for your ideas.

Katherine

Lou Love <> wrote:
You might try searching for Josias Lambert. His father was a John.

There's postings for him at RootsWeb WorldConnect.com at this URL:
http://resources.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/metasearch?given=Josias&surname=LAMBERT

This may not be yours but it will give a new avenue to investigate.

Good Hunting
Love, Lou

wrote:
To All:

I wish I could trace my Lambert ancestors back to England or Ireland or
Scotland. My dad always claimed Scots-Irish ancestry. My family can trace
back to John Lambert b 1770 in South Carolina. His son, Josiah, is my dad's
grandfather. I would be interested in any information that anyone knows
about him.

Katherine Lambert-Trest