LANARK-L Archives

Archiver > LANARK > 1998-06 > 0898722849

From: "Steven Allen" <>
Subject: McMillan/Jack/Craig/Potter/Morton/Anderson
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 17:14:09 -0400

Hello everyone, I recently made a query for McMillan/Jack for which I
received several responses from the USA. I appears that most members of
both families immigrated to the USA between 1880 and 1912.

However I have a few names to add that may still have roots in Scotland.
Does anyone have genealogical information about; Andrew McMillan (b. abt
1861-63) who married Marion Gilroy, Jean Baxter McMillan (b. abt 1867-69)
who married James Craig, Isabella Blythe McMillan (b. 1861-62) who married
James Potter? All of these would have been in Lanarkshire.

Isabella Blythe McMillan and James Potter had a daughter Isabella who
married Robert Morton (abt 1910). They had a son Robert Morton who
immigrated to the USA in 1935. Robert Morton (who married my great aunt)
had a sister Isa Morton who married William Anderson. Mrs. Anderson was
still living in Larkhall in 1985.

Any contacts will be appreciated.

Steven Allen

Newark, Ohio USA