LANARK-L Archives

Archiver > LANARK > 1999-02 > 0919375504

From: "Mike Kennedy" <>
Subject: Glasgow 1750's - 1820's
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 17:05:04 -0500

Greetings:

My ancestors were:
-----Robert Kennedy ---(birth date, marriage date and death date
unknown.
His ancestors unknown. Locations, religion and relatives
unknown.)
--- and Mary (maiden name unknown)( birth date, marriage date and
death
date unknown. Ancestors and other relatives unknown.
Locations, and religions unknown. )

Only known children are:
------- David Kennedy born 1790's (possibly 1796 or 1798), possibly
in Glasgow.
------And William Kennedy born 1790's, (possibly 1794, or 1796 )
(possibly in Glasgow.)

To make any more progress, I need to find out where to search for
marriage, birth and death records that would cover the period
1750-1820.

I realize when someone said they were born in Glasgow, they were
talking about a big area. This area could have been part of several
parishes, or governing districts. Can anyone give me a lead as to
which parishes or districts might have been considered part of Glasgow
during this early period? Does anyone have access to records for
these areas?

I appreciate any help to gain new leads in my research.

Thanks.

Mike Kennedy

This thread: