LANARK-L Archives

Archiver > LANARK > 1999-08 > 0935540049

From: Al Goold <>
Subject: Re: Cobden Street, Glasgow
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 01:14:09 +0100

Joan Gaskin wrote:

> My g.grandparents lived at 24 Cobden Street in the parish of Springburn
> after their marriage in 1872. I find Cobden Road in the Glasgow A to Z, but

I have the 1894 St.Rollox OS map.

Cobden Street is about 150/200m in length and runs North South Between Charles
Street (to the North) and Garngad Road (to the South). My knowledge of the area
today suggest that what was Garngad Road, is now Royston Road. Charles Street is
more or less still in the same place.

The map is available by mail order from

http://www.alangodfreymaps.co.uk/

I have no connection with the company, other than as an owner of about 30 of his
19th C maps

Al

This thread: