LANARK-L Archives

Archiver > LANARK > 1999-12 > 0944850494

From: Ann Cossar< >
Subject: Re: [LKS] Free Church and CROSSER
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 11:28:14

Hello Bill and everyone

1/
To answer Bill's question, Free Church is a _type_ or denomination
of church. Others would be for example Church of Scotland,
Methodist, United Presbyterian.

Holytown is the district, and LanarkSHIRE the county.

2/
Since Bill's ancestry is HOGG and CROSSER we are almost certainly
related. Furthermore, I have been doing a one-name study of the
surname CROSSER and COSSAR for some time now and have many
Scottish trees in my database.

He would seem to have hit a hole in one!

regards
Ann Cossar