LANARK-L Archives

Archiver > LANARK > 1999-12 > 0944850494

From: Ann Cossar< >
Subject: Re: [LKS] Free Church and CROSSER
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 11:28:14

Hello Bill and everyone

To answer Bill's question, Free Church is a _type_ or denomination
of church. Others would be for example Church of Scotland,
Methodist, United Presbyterian.

Holytown is the district, and LanarkSHIRE the county.

Since Bill's ancestry is HOGG and CROSSER we are almost certainly
related. Furthermore, I have been doing a one-name study of the
surname CROSSER and COSSAR for some time now and have many
Scottish trees in my database.

He would seem to have hit a hole in one!

Ann Cossar

>I'm researching a couple of lines in Holytown, Lanarkshire, HOGG and
>CROSSER. I found my Barbara Hogg being christen on June 26 1851 at Free
>Church, Holytown, Lanark. Question; is Free Church a village, place or
>an actual church? Any help appreciated.
>William Engelke
>El Toro, California
>==== LANARK Mailing List ====