LANARK-L Archives

Archiver > LANARK > 2003-11 > 1068082456

From: "Glenburie" <>
Subject: [LKS] THOMSON - BOYD - OLD MONKLAND
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 14:34:16 +1300

I am researching the descendants of William THOMSON,
who was christened 29 March 1778 in Old Monkland and married Margaret BOYD c1801. William was an Engineer.
Their children were:-
Janet chr.16 Mar 1800 Polmont, Stirling
Adam b.21 Jun 1802 Old Monkland
Janet b. 7 July 1804 Old Monkland
Robert chr.4 May 1806 Polmont, Stirling
John chr.10 Apl 1808 Polmont, Stirling
William? may of married Janet EASTON 1831 Govan
Elizabeth chr.29 Nov 1812. Bothkenner, Stirling
Jean chr. 1 Mar 1815 Bothkenner, Stirling
Peter b. 26 Sept 1817 Langloan, Old Monkland
Boyd b. 11 June 1820 Gorbals
Margaret b. 2 Jan 1824 Gorbals

Adam, a coal miner, married Margaret BLAIR and he died 1862 in Dykehead, Old Monkland.Their son, William married Christina KERR 1850 at Old Monkland and had two sons, Adam and George, before emigrating to New Zealand in 1865.

Peter, a coal miner, married Isabel EDDIE in 1837 in Old Monkland and after her death married Jane ADDIE in 1870 at Langloan, Old Monkland.Descendants from this family went to USA.

Boyd married Jane THOMSON in 1839 at Old Monkland. They had 13 children born at Coatbridge, I have them all named bar one child.Lived Inglis Land, New Dundyvan, Coatbridge in 1850's+. Boyd was a Master Flesher. They emigrated to New Zealand in the 1860's. My husband descends from this family.

A book titled THOMSONS, CASEMENTS, BELLS & RITCHIES written by a Jim Thomson about the above family, but I have not been able to track it down. Anyone know of it, possibly privately published in either USA or UK.

I would love to hear from anyone with info about any of these people.
Thank you.
Jean
New Zealand

This thread: