LANCE-L Archives

Archiver > LANCE > 2010-11 > 1290632096

From: <>
Subject: Re: [LANCE] a mistake in "The Lantz Family Record"

I made contact (NJ genie society ) w/ a des of this Vandal ( Wendal ). They have a family Bible. She said that Christopher ( 1742/150 1824 ) was a family member and should be in the Bible-should be does not make he was. Anyway, she said that she had a brother who would do the DNA. Then I never heard anything and although I sent messages( which were not returned so I assume that she received them ) I never heard from her again. Also, one Walter Dewey Lance ( sorry I am writing from memory do not have his dates here; believe that he died in the '60's said that Christopher had 'close' relatives buried in Farmer's .... graveyard in NJ. I was able to find the graveyard ogn line and there was Wendal ( Vandal ) and his relatives. The name were not any that the Lances in our line used over and over except for one 'George'. Well, of course, Walter Dewey Lance did not say how he knew this info. I have also found Walter Dewey's genealogy writing and he never explains how he has proof of things. Except of course he can trace his family line from Peter Lantz. So I am completely in the dark about this.