LANCSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > LANCSGEN > 1998-11 > 0910922489

From: "Janice A. Kelley" <>
Subject: Re: Song----Lassie from Lancashire.
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 18:01:29 -0800

Hallo Eric:
At this moment I have a friend standing by me and singing (oww!) the first
verse; as follows:

>From a dear little Lancashrie town
A boy had sailed away
Across the briny spray
To toil in U.S.A.
When the American girls gathered round
and sought his compoany
He said there's only one girl for me

She's a lassie from Lancashire etc. etc.

The CD is manuafactured by CVD Manufacturing Inc., Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Copyright 1996 - Distributed bt MTL Vancouver, B.C. V3W 9Y7.
It contains other songs as well

Janice Kelley
Castlegar, British Columbia, Canada
Researching:MULLIGAN/RICH/Cornwall,Yorkshire 1870s
WALL/WILTSHIRE/Treharris,Glam .1890's
MULLIGAN/MALTBY /Yorks. 1850s
RICH/MITCHELL/Devon & Cornwall 1870s
KELLEY/WILDE/Manchester 1870s

----------
> From: Thomas E. Anderton <>
> Subject: Song----Lassie from Lancashire.
> Date: Friday, November 13, 1998 2:32 AM
>
> Hello to the group,
>
> I have recently been asked for the words to " Lassie from Lancashire"
> and have replied with the only version I know :-
>
> She's a Lassie from Lancashire
> Just a Lassie from Lancashire
> She's the Lassie that I hold dear
> Oh so dear!
> Though she dresses in clogs and shawl
> She's the prettiest of them all
> None could be fairer or squarer than Sarah
> My lass from Lancashire!
>
> In the 7th line I have heard 'rarer' instead of squarer'
> I would sing it for you, but there are no musicians in my family tree
> - and it shows....
>
> What I would like to ask the group is, are there any more verses
> or other words to this song. I have never heard of any.
>
> Eric Auckland New Zealand.,

This thread: