LANCSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > LANCSGEN > 2001-01 > 0979358039

From: "Roger Hatfield" <>
Subject: [LAN] Re: JENKINSON
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 21:53:59 -0600

Hi Geoff,

I too am researching JENKINSON. I have lots of info about family after
they immigrated to USA in 1850, but almost nothing before that. My
ggrandfather was John JENKINSON. DOB not documented. I have several
sources and all conflict. Believe he was born around 1800 give or take a
few years. I do not know who his parents were, nor any of his siblings. He
married Ellen SHORT(b.1808) Children's names were: Thomas, John James,
Jane, Elizabeth, Amelia, Susan, Mary and Lavina. Amelia and Susan were
twins. Would love to share info with you. I have a file that I call "known
but unknown" that I am putting JENKINSON info into in the hopes that someday
in will all click together, maybe for me or someone else.
There is also a William JENKINSON(b1810) that I know is somehow
related--his sonWilliam(b. 1860) witnessed my grandfather's(John James b
1852) wedding certificate. I would be interested in any info on him also.

Thanks in advance
Susie Jenkinson Hatfield