LANCSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > LANCSGEN > 2001-08 > 0997551036

From: "Martin Briscoe" <>
Subject: RE: [LAN] Unregistered Birth
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 18:30:36 +0100

She was born about 1848 and is down as Chester in both 1881 and 1891.

I got someone to check the fiches for me in case there was an error in the
transcription to the 1881 CD-ROM's.

To complicate matters even further I think her family came back from Canada
around then - her brother was born in Quebec in 1845. They then probably
went back to around Masham in Yorkshire.

Can't find her marriage either! It must have been around 1870/1871 - her
husband seems to have married someone else in 1869 so presumably she died
and he remarried.

Martin