LANCSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > LANCSGEN > 2001-08 > 0997565418

From: "Rita Platt" <>
Subject: Re: [LAN] Unregistered Birth
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 22:30:18 +0100

Hi Glenis,
When you say there was no Church in Elswick, I realise you probably mean the
Established Church of England, but, I have here the Marriage Index 21st
Feb.1912-20th March 1993 and Monumental Inscriptions of Elswick United
Reformed Church. They are produced by our society on fiche.

The copy registers for Elswick (Independent/Congregational) Chr.1717-1809,
1832-1836 & Burials 1816-1837 are at the Lancashire Record Office Preston on
microfilm MF1/70. Christenings 1717-1809, 1832-1837 are also on the IGI.
Regards
Rita in Coppull Lancs.
Ref Librarian / Education
Chorley Branch
Lancashire Family History & Heraldry Society
www.lancashire-fhhs.org.uk