LANCSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > LANCSGEN > 2001-08 > 0997827545

From: "Ian Rhodes" <>
Subject: RE: [LAN] No Gratitude!
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 23:24:32 +0100

Hi Andrew,
Totally agree. For the most part, people are very good, but there are the
odd few who seem to think that we are sitting here, waiting to solve there
problems. I can think of one recent example where I went out of my way to
spend a couple of hours transcribing newspapers without acknowledgement.

It won't stop me contributing, because self-aggrandisement is not the point,
and yet my hands feel less willing!

Wishing you good luck in your own research, and bafflement to the 'easy
riders'.

Ian