Archiver > LANCSGEN > 2001-08 > 0998558626

Subject: [LAN] utica
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 05:23:46 EDT

Can anyone tell me anything about this place (Utica)in New York (not sure if
they city or state). A relative of mine (FREDERICK NORRIS) entered on the
ships manifest that this was his destination. Why would he choose to go
there, he was noted as a spinner so I am presuming that his intentions were
continue with his occupation. The year was 1893 and he was an educated man as
the manifest says that he could both read and write, unlike a lot of other
passengers. The only spinner that I know is someone who works in the cotton

Thanking you in anticipation,

This thread: