LANCSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > LANCSGEN > 2004-02 > 1075697160

From: "David Mueller" <>
Subject: [LAN] 1861 Census
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 21:46:48 -0700

Hello everyone

My main search is for the marriage of Ellen
PARKINSON to Thomas Adams BAYLEY, in Blackburn,

either in 1861 or 1862.

The 1861 census entry for Thomas and his family, at
Blackburn, MW St. John, Ecc D of St. Paul, living on St. Andrews,was sent to me,
but unfortunately the RG #, etc was not included. I would like to find
Ellen's family (George S. and Elizabeth PARKINSON) in order to hopefully
determine which census film to search for them,(perhaps the same one?) and
to try to locate a church in the neighbourhood in which they
married.

Thomas' father, also Thomas, was a United Free
Methodist Church minister.

Any advice on how to proceed would be greatly
appreciated.

Sincerely,

Valerie Mueller

Arizona, USA