LANCSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > LANCSGEN > 2004-09 > 1094760268

From: EricRawcliffe <>
Subject: STANSFIELD 1841(+) NE Lancs
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 22:04:29 +0200

Can anyone on the list please help to find John STANSFIELD?
He’s mentioned on his daughter Elizabeth’s marriage certificate in October 1876 as a Quarryman (not noted as deceased). At Elizabeth’s birth on 9th November 1850 he said he was a Farm Labourer - he registered the birth because his wife (Susan REDDIHOUGH) died at or soon after bearing Elizabeth. His address at this registration was 6 (something) Barnes Street, Burnley. (The difficult to read something may be ‘Little’).
He had at least one other child, Martha who was born in Burnley c.1834. Martha appears (married to John BLACKBURN) on the 1871 census along with her unmarried sister Elizabeth at 49 Audley Lane, Blackburn.
Even though I’ve no further info on him, I’d very much appreciate any sighting of John on the 1841, 1851, 1861 or 1871 census records (in Burnley, maybe?). I can’t find him on 1881 either, but he may well be deceased by then.
Or someone may have parish records that show the birth of Martha STANSFIELD, or the marriage of John STANSFIELD and Susan (Susannah?) RIDDEHOUGH (or RIDEHALGH).
Hoping someone may be able to help with any, some, or all of these, Eric

This thread: