LANCSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > LANCSGEN > 2004-12 > 1103188647

From: Pauline <>
Subject: CHARLES EDWARD VALENTINE McMAHON
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:17:27 +0000

This is a shot in the dark I know but it is such an interesting name
there may be someone who recognises it !

He was married to my great Aunt Annie (nee Derbyshire), she was born
1883 so he could have been around the same age. He was a Second
Lieutenant, 1st Battalion The Loyal North Lancashire Regiment and died
13 March 1916, presumably invalided out of the First World War as he is
buried in New Hall Lane Cemetry, Preston.

I have a photograph of his military funeral outside his home at 122 St
Stephen's Road, Preston.

Sorry the details are scanty but would like to try and identify him on
Census. There is a Charles McMahon on the 1881 living at Fulwood
Barracks which could be him.

Kind regards, Pauline

This thread: