LANCSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > LANCSGEN > 2006-07 > 1152609218

From: "John Trace" <>
Subject: RE: [LAN] 1871 FINNEY census look-up
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 10:13:38 +0100

Just a thought!

Could his father, mother and family have gone over to the USA. Then when
George was old enough he came back to England, got married and had a family.
Then again you could send for his marriage certificate it would have an
address on it and possibly his mothers name if father was deceased.

Below is a marriage 1893 in Ince from http://www.lancashirebmd.org.uk/

FINNEY George / BICKERSTAFFE Mary Ellen St. Mary,Ince Wigan & Leigh
C20/1/296 it could be them?

Hope it is useful.
Kath Trace

> Hello
> Could S.K.S. please try to fond George FINNEY b: Mar Qtr
> 1862 ,Prescot 8b 546 in the 1971 census?
> I am trying to see who his parents are. He married a Mary b:
> 1873 in St.Helen,s sometime circa 1893 & have 5 children in
> the 1901 census at Ince in Makerfield.
>
> Cheers, Ed.FINNEY

This thread: