LANCSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > LANCSGEN > 2007-12 > 1197581914

From: "Bill LaCoff" <>
Subject: Re: [LAN] Geneaolgy sites and boards
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 16:38:34 -0500

Adele,

I think you are overlooking a couple of things. It may seem to you, in fact
it may be true, that more Americans are looking for help on their Lancashire
ancestors than there are searchers from the UK. But, there are more of us!
A very large segment of the US population claims British ancestry.

Also, we HAVE to ask for help. You can hop a train and check things out for
yourself. Maybe I have to take that back. When I was in London, my planned
trip to do research in Lancashire was canceled due to a rail strike.
Similarly, you have a knowledge of geography and history that are very
important and very hard for Americans to come by. The information we can
get by interacting with the list is vital to successful research.

Oh, and more than once, I have returned the favor!

Bill
Near Lancaster County Pennsylvania