Archiver > LANCSGEN > 2007-12 > 1197582771

From: "Adele Earnshaw" <>
Subject: Re: [LAN] Geneaolgy sites and boards
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 21:52:51 -0000

Dear Bill,

I was not trying to be insulting and I, too, have received assistance from
my American friends to questions based solely in UK......
.....rather I was asking if there are any boards/forums which I can use
that are 'primarily' based in UK.

Of course, there are a great many folks in USA (lots of whom with which I
must share a large part of my DNA) who are most anxious to find out more
about their British ancestry.................however, the majority of boards
I have found are seemingly swamped with American folks looking for their
American ancestors, especially surname boards.................I'm sure that
you will understand what I mean and if I have been clumsy in my phrasing and
offended you, or others, then I apologise unreservedly.

This thread: