LANCSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > LANCSGEN > 2008-01 > 1200903523

From: The Quineys <>
Subject: Re: [LAN] Old Newspapers Online
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 08:18:43 +0000

Is there something in particular that you are looking for? Obituary?
Major accident? Grand Opening?

If it is to do with anything legal (company merger, separation or wind
up), the London Gazette website covers the whole of England and Wales
and is very good (and FREE!) http://www.gazettes-online.co.uk/

There are sister sites for Edinburgh (Scotland) and Belfast (Ireland)
from the same starting page.

I believe that war/service medals and divorces are also listed but
someone else will have to confirm that as I have no personal experience
of looking for them.

Hope this helps
Heather Q

Borlands wrote:
> Hello Folks,
>
> Does there happen to be any old newspapers online, for Lancashire? Date pre 1918. Main areas of interest, Barrow In Furness, Ulverston.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Marina
> New Zealand

This thread: