LANCSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > LANCSGEN > 2009-06 > 1245113998

From: "Beth Farrington" <>
Subject: Re: [LAN] FARRINGTON-Advice and suggestions?
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 20:59:58 -0400

Thanks Meg. I don't think this is my James though. I do have a definitive birth date of 28 Apr 1878 that I got from his military records. I've also learned from talking to family members that it is believed he may have had a brother that disappeared to Ohio.

I can't find a record of James FARRINGTON birth on the date I have so I wonder if he was born under another name. It is truly a puzzle.

This is what I know and can prove:

Birth: 28 Apr. 1878
1901- Salesman - 17 Haughton St., Collyhust, St. Oswalds, Lancashire
1901-Marriage to Annie WILLIAMSON
1914-Military service - 4th Battalion Kings Own Lancs Regt
1916-46 Whitley St., Manchester, England (Collyhurst)
1916 - July - 134 York Street, Toronto, Ontario
1916-1918 - Canadian Expeditionary Forces - Corps 3rd CCD - Depot 1st CRT ( Canadian Railway Troops)
10/26/16- Landed in France
18 Apr 1918 - Arrived Halifax, Nova Scotia - Aboard Mauretania from Liverpool
May 1918 - 370 Dundas St., W. Toronto, Ontario
Mar 1919 - 102 Prince Arthur St., W. Montreal
1950 - 401 Woodland, Verdun, Quebec, Canada

Any ideas, from anyone, are much appreciated. Thanks again Meg.

Beth