LANCSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > LANCSGEN > 2009-06 > 1245372300

From: "Beth Farrington" <>
Subject: Re: [LAN] FARRINGTON-Advice and suggestions?
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 20:45:00 -0400

Thanks again Meg. And the hunt deepens... I shall have to find and get a copy of this James' birth certificate and see if the date of Apr. 28/29 match. I think that will confirm it for me. I now suspect he may have lied on his military records in order to enlist. He was in the Kings Lancs for only a month and a year and a bit later went to Canada without his wife and kids and joined up with the CEF. Perhaps he was keen on being part of WWI and found this the only way? Thanks again for all this info!

Beth