LANCSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > LANCSGEN > 2010-03 > 1267891857

From: The Quineys <>
Subject: [LAN] CORKs of Colne and Burnley
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 16:10:57 +0000

Hi there

Having been to the WDYTYA Live last week, I'm picking up my notes and
trying to 'get back into it' :-)

I have John CORK on census of 1841 and 1851 aged 40 born in Lancs and 50
born in Colne respectively (he then dies before the 1861 census)

Looking on the LancsOPC, I see a find ...
Baptism: 1 Feb 1801 St Bartholomew, Colne, Lancashire, England
Jonathan Cork - Son of Stephen Cork & Betty
Born: 4 Jan 1801
Abode: Colne
Occupation: Hairdresser
Register: Baptisms 1790 - 1812, Page 123, Entry 20
Source: LDS Film 1471024

My question is ... (because it's soooo long since I did any researching
of this nature!) how do I know that this is 'my' John CORK? Where or
what else can I do to verify this info? BTW, there are other children
born to this couple.)

Many thanks
Heather

PS WOW! there is soooo much more data on the Lancs OPC site since I
last looked - BIG THANKS to all involved :-)

This thread: