LANCSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > LANCSGEN > 2012-02 > 1328807313

From: sally roberts <>
Subject: [LAN] Question for the Lancashire Map Guru, Mr Mike Morris .... :o)
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 17:08:33 +0000

Hi Mike,

Whereabouts was Moor Street in Blackburn?

I'm trying to tie down my greatx3 grandmother in the 1841 census, before she married in 1842. On the 3 census that I have sightings of her, she states either Daisy Green or Oswaldtwistle as her place of birth and having spotted a Betty Nuttall living on this street, the same as a John Nuttall (this name is quoted as her father on her marriage certificate to Thomas Haworth), I was trying to suss out if the geography made this possible.

I think I have her baptism in 1822 in St Pauls, Blackburn to a John and Margaret Nuttall, but I can't seem to pin down where either Moor Street or Daisy Green is in the area.

As you are the fount of all knowledge when it comes to old Lancashire maps, you are my first port of call :o)

Regards,
Sally

This thread: