LAND-L Archives

Archiver > LAND > 2005-01 > 1105239803

Subject: Ava Land
Date: 8 Jan 2005 20:03:23 -0700

Surnames: Land, Cook, Walker, Robinson
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/WBp.2ACEB/1005

Message Board Post:

I am looking for Ava Land's husband and parents. My grandfather was Edward Lands birth date January 9, 1893, Rockwood Tennessee Died December 27, 1944, Rockwood Tennessee Wife: Mary Lousia Walker, borrn October 14, 1897, Roane County, Tennessee. Death: September 27, 1942, Rockwood Tennessee

Edward's father was James William Land, born about 1855, Monroe County, Tennessee Married October 27, 1879, Rockwood Tennessee. Died June 9, 1936, Rockwood Tennessee Wife: Sarah Robinson, born December 1857 Monroe County Tennessee Death: July 20 1, 1930, Rockwood Tennessee

James William Land's father was William Land, born about 1830 Cocke County Tennessee. Died 1858, Monroe County Tennessee Wife: Jane Garrett born about 1828 Sweetwater, Tennessee, Monroe County Death unknown

William Land born ca 1830 is well documented to be the son of Ava Land. I have not been able to determine who his father was. I have entertained the idea that Ava was an unmarried mother with the surname Land, but have not been able to confirm or refute that either.

William Land died soon after James William Land was born. There was a connection somehow to Fannin County Texas. William and Jane may have moved there briefly while James William was still a baby then returned to Monroe County where William Land died. Jane later remarried to James Cook.

Anyone familiar with his line?

This thread: