LANDES-CHRISTIAN-L Archives

Archiver > LANDES-CHRISTIAN > 2001-02 > 0982767316

From: "McIntosh" <>
Subject: Re: [Christian Landes] Katherine G. Bushman papers part 2
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 08:55:16 -0600

Karen, This article was very interesting to me. I admitingly don't know
much about the Landis family yet, but would like to know more. In your
article, John (3) from Samuel migrated to IL with his wife, a Skelton, and
family. My Christian Landes branch is from Livingston County, IL. I can't
help but wonder about the connection. Also, the Isaac Landes I just found
here in KS came from Sangamon Co., IL in 1859. Isaac was married to a
Christina Shutt whose father was a judge and heavily involved in politics.
The Landes family, in your article, that moved to IL were involved in
Congress and studied law too. I sure wish I could connect up these people
with our line somehow. If they are related, we would be in-laws of General
Funston!!! Isaac 's daughter married into that family. General Funston
lived in this area and we have an annual celebration to honor him, which
family descendants attend. I could then sit at the head table <smile>.
Barbara Mac