LANDWEHR-L ArchivesArchiver > LANDWEHR > 2002-09 > 1032356035
From: "Teresa Hild" <>
Subject: [LANDWEHR] new administrator
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 08:34:00 -0500
Hi to those on the list. I just thought I would send a note out and introduce myself. My name is Teresa Hild, and I am researching the Landwehrs of Quincy, Adams County, Illinois, and related families. Other surnames I am researching are: Hild, Schmitt, Schill, Waermke/Warmker, Ellerman, Nothold and various others.
As an administrator, I am pretty easygoing. I just have a few things that I would like to say:
1. I believe genealogy lists should be fun and informative. I think we need very few hard and fast rules.
2. All I ask is that you be considerate of your fellow list members. Remember, some people are beginners at computers, some at genealogy, some at using the English language. Please never be impatient with simple questions or expressions which are difficult to understand -- we are here to help each other.
3. Personal attacks and criticism -- or flaming -- are not permitted on this list. Off-topic messages should not be on the list. This includes virus warning and hoaxes, chain letters, and similar messages. Things like how to cook polk salad and other things our ancestors did are OKAY if we don't get sidetracked too much.
4. If you have a matter of an administrative nature that you feel needs attention, bring it to my attention and let me handle it as the list administrator. Do not try to handle such matters yourself either on or off the list. Contact me at .
5. When posting a new message to the list, select an informative but concise subject line. When replying to a post, remember to change the subject line if the subject being discussed changes. When replying to a message, if you intend your reply to go privately or to the list, be sure to check that the intended addresses are showing in the "Send To" box of your e-mail BEFORE clicking on SEND.
6. Genealogical information should be directed to the list, while "thank you" and other personal notes should be sent to the individual only. Remember, there may be someone out there lurking and trying to connect, so please make sure information goes back to the list.
7. And last and most important, have fun and send lots of information!!!!
The above are included in my welcome letter. Please introduce yourself and let me know which Landwehr you're researching and where.
Rootsweb list administrator for Hild, Bryen, Piepergerdes, Hinderks, Nothold, Ellerman, Heidbreder, Wermke,
Bezeau, Brisco, and Landwehr
|[LANDWEHR] new administrator by "Teresa Hild" <>|