LANE-L Archives

Archiver > LANE > 1998-05 > 0895971236

From: <>
Subject: [LANE-L] LANE, Edward-NC?-
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 17:53:56 -0700 (PDT)

I'm still hunting for the parents/origins of Edward LANE, possibly born in
NC, 1743. Lived in SC. Married Mary Ann DAWKINS, d/o Capt. George DAWKINS, of
Broad River, Camden/Newberry line, SC Loyalist in Revolution.(Just recently
received copies of his record/retribution claim for "meritorious service,..he
bore arms for the British Government"---somebody's ancestors had to have been
there. ;) )
Edward and Mary Ann Dawkins LANE produced:
*William Dawkins LANE b. 1770 - married Elizabeth WHITE
Thomas - married Rhoda NICHOLSON
Mary - married Zachary TAYLOR
James - married Sarah COLEMAN

William Dawkins LANE, b. 22 July 1770 near Raleigh, NC. Lived in SC. Moved to
GA after 1790.Died 26 Feb. 1817,Eatonton, Putnam Co., GA. Baptist minister,
state senator. Married Elizabeth WHITE,b. 1770 d. 28 March 1858("in the 88th
year of her life.") LaFayette,Chambers Co., AL.
Issue:
1.Martha LANE b. 12 June 1793 married Waid HILL,b. 17
Sept.1785 Chesterfield, VA. Baptist minister.

*2.Mary Ellen LANE b. 3 Feb. 1795 Putnam Co., GA. d.13 Nov.
1860 Clark Co., AR.m.1)*Lazarus ATKINSON b.1791 NC or GA,s/o
Nathan and Martha WHITEHEAD ATKINSON, d. 6 Nov. 1839 Chambers
Co.,AL. m. 2) Garrett Jordan 5 May 1845.

3. Edward W.LANE b.ca. 1796. Applied for and was approved
letters of administration on his father's estate Putnam Co.,
GA 1817.

4. Russian LANE b.ca.1800.

Lazarus and Mary Ellen Lane ATKINSON produced nine children:
1.Nathan Lane Atkinson
2.Serena Atkinson
3.William Dawkins Atkinson
4.Martha Atkinson
5.Benjamin F. Atkinson
6.Mary Ann Atkinson
7.John C.Atkinson
8.Thomas J. Atkinson
*9.Elizabeth Atkinson b. 17 March 1838. Removed by 1850 to
Clark Co., AR.with mother and stepfather. Attended school
Amity, Clark Co., AR. M. Wiley Nathaniel MANNING.

This is my line down to my great grandparents. There are,naturally,many
descendants through these generations and on to the present, and I have
information on spouses of most all EXCEPT the sons of William Dawkins LANE,
Edward W. and Russian LANE. Is ANYBODY working this line, or aware of
anything on them? Rushin(as spelled in 1820 census for Putnam Co., GA) is
listed as between 16-25, with one female between 10-20. No information after
that date.

There is a Private Edward LANE listed in the ROSTER OF CONFEDERATE SOLDIERS
OF GA 1861-1865, compiled by Lillian Henderson, who last appears on roll for
April 30, 1865. It is doubtful this is my guy, due to age.

Does anybody know anything about the Edward LANE that appears in Emanuel Co.,
GA. between 1853-1866? (as shown on Emanuel Co. GAGENWEB wills, 1815-1868)

I would really appreciate anything anybody has on these two guys, especially,
or any connections to this branch.

Thanks, and Happy Huntin',
Nancy Bray Cooper

This thread: