LANE-L ArchivesArchiver > LANE > 2010-05 > 1273672312
Subject: Re: [LANE] Descendancy chart - Thomas Lane (1634-1708)
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 13:51:52 -0000
This is a Message Board Post that is gatewayed to this mailing list.
Message Board URL:
Message Board Post:
Following is a summary of information that I have for the Thomas Lane line. I have not updated recently and have additional info for this family and affiliated lines.
Descendants of Thomas Lane of Jamestown & Surry County, Virginia
1. Thomas Lane (1634-1708). Married Elizabeth Shepherd Jones, widow of Foulke Jones. Lived in Jamestown, VA and Surry County, VA. Children of Thomas and Elizabeth were: 1. Thomas Lane, Jr., 2. Joseph Lane. Thomas Lane, Thomas Lane, Jr. and Joseph Lane appear in the VA Militia List of 1687.
2. Joseph Lane, Sr. (1665 - 1746). Married Julian (Jillian) Jarrell or Pope. Joseph Lane, Sr. lived in Isle of Wight County, VA, Albemarle County, NC which later became Bertie then Northampton Co, NC, and Edegcombe Co, NC. Children of Joseph and Julian were: 1. Joseph Lane, Jr., 2. Benjamin Lane, 3. Mary, and 4. John . Joseph was grandfather of Joel Lane.
3. Benjamin Lane (1700 - 1789). Married Ann Drew first and then Mary ?. Benjamin lived in Edgecombe Co, NC and Nash Co, NC near the Tar River. Children were: 1. Joseph, 2. Faith Bynum, 3. Drewsilla Bryant, 4. William, 5. Newit Lane, and 6. Edward. Capt. Benjamin Lane is listed in the Edgecombe Militia List of 1750.
4. Newit Lane (1733 - 1786), also written as Newitt, Newt or Gerit. Married Elizabeth ? Lived in Edgecombe County, NC and Nash County, NC. Owned 1000 acres at his death. Children were 1. Drusylla Hill, 2. John, 3. Micajah Lane, 4. Kinchen, 5. Mary Pusell, and 6. Bennet. Newit was first cousin of Joel Lane. Children & wife from NC Estate Records
5. Micajah Lane (1768 - 1796) also known as Micah. Married to unknown??. Lived in Edgecombe, Nash and Wake County. Children were 1. Drusilla Teat, 2. Lemon Lane . Names of Children from Wake County, NC court records
6. Lemon Lane (1795 - after 1850). Married Nancy Connell or Cornell. In 1802, Lemon and sister Drusilla were apprenticed as orphans to Christopher Christophers in Wake County. Lived mostly in Nash County after 1820. Was a boot and shoemaker in the 1850 Nash County census. Children were: 1. Sarah J. Q. Taylor, 2. Nancy Ann Thigpen, 3. Martha A. Lane, 4. William W. Lane, 5. Mary E. Lane, 6. Susan F. Thigpen, 7. Kidda or Kidela Lane
7. William W. Lane (1827 - 1859). Married Nancy Ben Wheless in July 1849. Lived in Edgecombe and Nash County. Enlisted in the War with Mexico. Was a boot and shoemaker in Tarboro, NC in the 1850 census. Was in Rocky Mount, NC in 1857 and bankrupt; all of his property (real and personal) was sold at public auction. Children were: 1. Benjamin Franklin Lane, 2. Ella Rice/Bridgers, 3. William Ida Barnes
8. Benjamin Franklin Lane (1850 - 1917), called Frank. Married Victoria Hellen Horner in Jan 1872. Lived in Edgecombe, Nash and Granville County. Was a tobacco farmer and "drummer" for the Mitchell tobacco factory (owned by Alphonso, Erastus and Alonzo Mitchell). Children were 1. William L. Wyatt Lane, 2. Nancy Gertrude Bartholomew, 3. Ora Blanche Cooper, 4. Susan Alma Rice, 5. Ivie Horner Wilder, 6. Birdie Frank Vester, 7. Walter Benjamin Lane
9. Walter Benjamin Lane (1894 - 1981). Married Ruth Bryan Mitchell (daughter of Alonzo Mitchell & Manie D. Harrison. Lived in Granville County. Was a tobacco farmer and tobacco warehouse & auction worker. Children were: 1. Walter Benjamin, Jr., 2. Barbara Mitchell Langston, 3. Marjory H. Lane, 4. Franklin Alonzo Lane, 5. Carolyn Y. Lane, 6. Ralph Harrison Lane
10. Franklin Alonzo Lane (1930 - ). Married 1 - Patsy Victoria Brummitt in 1948, divorced in 1960. Married 2 - Theresa Rose Hall. Lived in Granville, Wake, Person County, NC. Children of Frank and Pat were: 1. Franklin Alonzo Lane, Jr., 2. Robert David Lane, 3. Benjamin Clay Lane, 4. Nancy Katherine Lane
The author of this message may not be subscribed to this list. If you would like to reply to them, please click on the Message Board URL link above and respond on the board.