LANGFORD-L Archives

Archiver > LANGFORD > 2010-02 > 1266734474

From: Poldi Tonin <>
Subject: Re: [LANGFORD] Thomas Lankford of Stokes County NC
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 00:41:14 -0600

Hi Marlene:
I have been reading and highlighting the report you sent to me. Thank you
for taking the time to compile these items and send them to me.

My first impression is: Warning: There Are Many Errors.

I guess I will have to purchase microfilm from NC Archives for Stokes County
so that I can read the documents in their entirety and carefully.

I am not familiar with Evelyn Rowland but will say that her posting has many
errors.

By now you and all the list know that I am a stickler for documentation for
everything stated as fact.

Do you have a DNA project participant from your Stokes County family line?
I am always so busy that I cannot keep up with all the different families in
the project. My goodness, some days I forget the day, date and time. Only
know if it is daylight or night due to the sun's cycle.

Those county line changes create thorny problems when we are seeking data.
Where O Where, is the deed or will filed?

James first appears in NC in Anson County before it was divided to create
Rowan County. I have a couple of items on him before he begins to appear on
Stokes County after its formation. One of the many tasks taking up my time
and attention is trying to sort tons of papers into the states where they
were created.

You refer to a Deatherage bible record. Is the bible still in the family? If
so, have you a copy of the title page with publication date and the pages
with the handwritten entries? If not, is the bible in the NC Archives Bible
Collection? I am going to check the DAR records for Mary Dunlap's
application to see what she reported regarding William Lankford and his
death date. This may be a case of more than one William just as we have too
many Thomases.

Well, I must stop here and get to bed. I did want to get back with you and
thank you for sending me this file.

Poldi

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 10:43 PM, Marlene Shake <

This thread: