LANGMAID-L Archives

Archiver > LANGMAID > 2009-01 > 1231765535

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [LANGMAID] Seeking an answer as to why Langmead is such animportant name in the Stephens family (Surrey and Middlesex1780-1870)
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 13:05:35 -0000

Author: KeithRivett72
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.langmaid/19.1.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi, Yes as you say stranger things,
A lot of my Langmaids moved around the country with their jobs as Fishermen,Boatmen,Lifeboatmen,Coastguards, nearly all connected with the water in some way, and I think one of them was a Master Carpenter who worked on the Famouse Snape Maltings, which is in the area of Suffolk my mother and her family came from, her father being a River/Coastal Pilot, for that area of the River Orford and the Ness.
Contact on easier to send details
Best wishes Keith Rivett

Important Note: