LAORLEAN-L Archives

Archiver > LAORLEAN > 2002-04 > 1018199983

From: "Lynda Moreau" <>
Subject: Re: [LAORLEAN-L] replacing/obtaining war medals
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 12:19:43 -0500

You can go to any VA office and they will give you the forms. If you already
have your father's discharge papers, it doesn't take that long to get the
medals.

I requested my father's medals and it took me about 8 months to get them.
They not only send the actual medal, but also the service ribbon that was
worn on the uniforms. Did not cost a cent.

Lynda Moreau in New Orleans