LAORLEAN-L Archives

Archiver > LAORLEAN > 2003-05 > 1051916460

From: "Ellen Cleary" <>
Subject: Re: [LAORLEAN-L] Re: LAORLEAN-D Digest V03 #204
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 18:01:03 -0500

I don't think the census is going to lead you to a notary.

I am writing off the top of my head here, without verifying this information...but I believe the succession records at NOPL go beyond 1903. They are indexed in book form up through sometime in 1903, I believe. And then, if I'm remembering correctly, they are indexed on the microfilms themselves, although I am not sure every set of records that is microfilmed has an index.

At some point the microfilms end. The succession records after that point in time are held by the Orleans Parish Clerk of Court, who has an index to those records.

I am not sure about the wills...if there is an index to them once the microfilms end and if so, where that index would be located.

*Ellen*

http://home.earthlink.net/~ellencleary/

This thread: