LAORLEAN-L Archives

Archiver > LAORLEAN > 2003-05 > 1052059288

Subject: [LAORLEAN-L] Re: LAORLEAN-D Digest V03 #218
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 10:41:28 EDT

In a message dated 5/2/2003 4:00:52 AM Central Daylight Time,
writes:

<< Hi Everyone,
I am looking at death certificate for a C. C.
Labouisse that came from New Orleans. It says he died
in Ashville North Carolina July 1885. >>

My only experience with an out of state death was a relative who died in
June, 1901 in Cincinatti. There was a death certificate listed in the
Orleans index to deaths. I sent for the Orleans certificate and it was dated
October, 1902. His direct descendents say that he is buried in St. Roch.
There is a headstone for him. Considering the time between his death in
Cincinatti and the Orleans certificate, he would have to have been buried in
Cincinatti, exhumed, and then shipped, and buried in New Orleans. Add to
that the cost factor involved, I really wonder if he is burined in New
Orleans or if there was a family plot and a headstone was erected. If anyone
else has experience with this, I'm interested in hearing other stories.

Audrey

This thread: