Archiver > LAORLEAN > 2004-01 > 1074232656

From: Norm Hellmers <>
Subject: RE: [LAORLEAN-L] Marriage certificates
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 21:57:44 -0800 (PST)

One place to start for Louisiana vital records is

As noted, for parishes other than Orleans, "certified
copies are available from the Clerk of the Court in
the parish where the license was issued.

For Jefferson Parish:
For St. Bernard Parish:

For a St. Bernard marriage record, I wrote to:
Clerk of Court
St. Bernard Parish Courthouse
P. O. Box 1746
Chalmette, Louisiana 70044
The last record I received was $5.00.

Marriages performed by the Rev. Theodore Clapp are
addressed here:
Search on First Congregational Church. I know youve
been looking for this 1848 marriage for some time. I
dont have any new information to help you out.
Perhaps someone else has learned about Rev. Clapps
records after 1847. Sorry I cant help.

--- Rose Core <> wrote:
> Norm,
> Where does one research for marriage records in
> Jefferson Parish and St.
> Bernard. I found a marriage announcement in a New
> Orleans newspaper from
> 1848 performed by Rev. Theodore Clapp, but cannot
> find any record of it.
> Would you be able to shed some light on this one or
> point me in a direction.
> Thank you.
> Rose

Do you Yahoo!?