LAORLEAN-L Archives

Archiver > LAORLEAN > 2004-01 > 1074232656

From: Norm Hellmers <>
Subject: RE: [LAORLEAN-L] Marriage certificates
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 21:57:44 -0800 (PST)

Rose,

One place to start for Louisiana vital records is
here:
http://www.vitalrec.com/la.html

As noted, for parishes other than Orleans, "certified
copies are available from the Clerk of the Court in
the parish where the license was issued.

For Jefferson Parish:
http://www.vitalrec.com/lacounties5.html#Jefferson
For St. Bernard Parish:
http://www.vitalrec.com/lacounties9.html#St.%20Bernard

For a St. Bernard marriage record, I wrote to:
Clerk of Court
St. Bernard Parish Courthouse
P. O. Box 1746
Chalmette, Louisiana 70044
The last record I received was $5.00.

Marriages performed by the Rev. Theodore Clapp are
addressed here:
http://nutrias.org/~nopl/inv/neh/nehmss.htm
Search on First Congregational Church. I know youve
been looking for this 1848 marriage for some time. I
dont have any new information to help you out.
Perhaps someone else has learned about Rev. Clapps
records after 1847. Sorry I cant help.

Norm