Archiver > LAORLEAN > 2005-07 > 1120800529

From: "Judy" <>
Subject: Re: [LAORLEAN-L] Roll Call messina
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:29:05 -0500

Someone was looking for the Messina family.

There was a very small shoe repair shop on Almanester Ave. Franklin Ave.ran
into Almanster Ave. Right before St. Claude Ave. A man named Mr. Messina
had this shop. He was very thin man ,with a thin shaped face. He would
repair shoes and make shoes for people who needed special shoes. My uncle
would need a shoe for one foot that was 3 sizes wider and a sole about 3
inches thicker then a regular shoe. I think this shop was their in the late
1940 's thru the late 1950's early 1960. How long before the 1940;s I do not