LAORLEAN-L Archives

Archiver > LAORLEAN > 2008-05 > 1209747735

From: "Jan Strickland" <>
Subject: Re: [LAORLEAN] New Orleans Parish
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 13:02:29 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Hi Norm,

Actually, I am noticing it on the trees that are being put up on the site.
I was aware of Lafayette situation.
Found that out from where my GGgrandparents were married and lived in 1850.

This is happening as a part of Ancestry's new "wonderful" help.....auto fill
in. More often as not, Ancestry suggests
New Orleans, Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, USA. I rarely fill in the parish
as I am not always sure which
parish was which in the late 1700's and early 1800's. Just wondered why it
would be doing that. Guess it is because
it was, at one time part of both Jefferson and Orleans, and "J" just comes
first.

Sure wish I had paid better attention in History class, it's tough learning
all this stuff at my age. LOL

Jan S