LASTHELE-L Archives

Archiver > LASTHELE > 2006-08 > 1155471290

Subject: Re: Oaklawn Plantation in Greensburg, La.
Date: 13 Aug 2006 06:14:50 -0600

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/WCB.2ACE/200.3.1.1

Message Board Post:

No I do not...but I belong to the Library board and the local garden club (one of our members is part of the Historical Society) and I intend to bring it up at the next few meetings to see if anyone remembers anything about it. It may take me a few months to get around to everyone who might know, but I will let you know what I find out. St. Helena is a very rural parish and not much of the history has been written out. Maybe next year I can work on that problem. I am in charge of the Forest Festival this year and I am running into the problem that no one has ever written down the history of it and it is in it's 54th year. This fascinates me. Being such a history buff, I can't imagine someone not recording the oral history of the area. So hang on...I won't forget you and we will see what we can find out. Martha

This thread: